Frequently Asked Questions
Find some introductory answers to frequently asked questions about the ARELLO Licensee Verification Database System. Click on a questions to find answers relating to your selection. Links throughout the answers will guide you to further information on our website or from other sources. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to Contact Us.
I cannot find myself in the database. How do I get myself included?
There are several reasons why you may not be able to find yourself.
- Data Sources - Data is received from participating regulatory agencies and from the National Association of REALTORS®. If the jurisdiction in which you are licensed or registered does not submit their data to the database AND you are not a member in the National Association of REALTORS®, then you will not appear in the database. You can view the Jurisdiction Participation and Submission Report to see which states, provinces, or territories participate in the database. We would encourage you to contact your local regulatory agency and encourage them to participate in the ARELLO Licensee Verification System.
- Frequency of Data Submission - Data from participating jurisdictions and the National Association of REALTORS® is not always up-to-date. Data is submitted at different intervals. While ARELLO highly encourages daily participation, this is not always an option for jurisdictions. Therefore, if you recently received your license or recently reactivated an inactive license, you may not be listed in the database yet. You can view the Jurisdiction Participation and Submission Report to determine the frequency of submission and the date of last submission for your jurisdiction.
- Incorrect Source Data - In limited cases a regulatory agency may have mis-entered data into their database, and thus, reported incorrect data. Examples of this are last names being entered into the first name field while the first name was entered into the last name field. If you suspect a problem such as this, it is best to verify the accuracy of your data that is on file with the participating regulatory agency or with the National Association of REALTORS® through your local Board of REALTORS®.
Which states, provinces, or territories participate in the database?
You can view the Jurisdiction Participation and Submission Report to see which states, provinces, or territories participate in the database.
What is the significance of the icons in the search results?
The icons in the search results pages are used to assist you in determining the source of the data.
- Designates information received from the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Designates information received from a regulatory agency.